Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Makeup Review: Revlon Photoready Eye Primer and Brightener

Revlon Photoready Eye Primer and Brightener - Boots - £9.99


Hey guys, so I have been on a mission for a while to find an eye primer that actually works, I have been through so many that I just wish I never spent my money on, so when I picked up the Revlon Photoready Eye Primer, I didn't have high hopes although I love the Revlon Photoready Foundation. I had heard lots of reviews about the Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion, however I was looking more for a drugstore alternative that was just as good. 


Price: £9.99 from Boots in store or www.boots.com 


Packaging: I love the idea of the mini brush applicator attached to the tube of primer, however it can sometimes be a little tricky as it is definitely not a product you should be applying too much of. I personally don't use the applicator for blending the product in, however it is a lovely and helpful way of applying it to your skin. I also love the shape of the packaging as it is the perfect size to fit in my make up bag and doesn't take up as much room as other primers. 

Does it work?: Yes. I can say that without a doubt, for me this product is perfect. It fits perfectly to the shade of my skin whilst providing a great base for my eye-shadow and brightening my eyes. My eye make up lasts so much longer now that I am using this product and it is so perfect for defining and bringing out my eyes. 

Is it similar to any other products?: As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I have been looking into buying one of the Urban Decay Primer Potions ever since I was given a sample of it from a friend. However, due to the fact that I am usually on a budget, I just can't convince myself. When I tried the Revlon Photoready Eye Primer however, I found that it works just as well as the Urban Decay Primer Potion and it also brightens and defines the eyes more than the Primer Potion. Therefore I would say that it is a perfect dupe for the Primer Potion and of course at a fraction of the price.


8 comments:

  1. Have been meaning to try this! Great review!

    Much love, Niamh xx
    Itsmeniamhalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely try this out, I have been looking for an eye primer to try! I really love those kinds of applicators!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! I wasn't sure at first but it has really grown on me:)

      Delete
  3. Great review, glad you found a product that works for you
    Harriet
    Http://greeneyesandlongblondehair.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh this sounds ideal as i'm cursed with dark circles!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. win raybans and beauty goodies worth £300 on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem, it's no fun at all. You should give it a try though it works wonders for mine:)

      Delete